NEWS

Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s N10bn Suit

Oshiomhole Pleads For Out-of-court Settlement In Ortom’s
N10bn Suit
A former National Chairman of the All Progressives
Congress, Adams Oshiomole, on Tuesday, sought for an
out-of-court settlement in the N10bn libel suit instituted
against him by Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom.
Ortom had filed the suit against the former APC chairman
over his comments against him at a press conference on
July 27, 2018, where Oshiomhole accused the governor of
having a hand in the death of two Catholic priests and
other parishioners at Mbalom Community, Gwer East Local
Government Area on the grounds that one of the priests had
preached a “very critical sermon” against him (the
governor).
Earlier on the suit, Oshiomhole had filed six preliminary
objections which the court resolved all in Ortom’s favour.
However, at the resumption of the case on Tuesday,
counsel for Ortom, Samuel Irabor, submitted that he was
ready to call his witnesses, but said that Oshiomhole’s
counsel, Festus Jumbo had informed him that they have
considered putting up a retraction of the publication and it
would be ready within a week.
He said he was applying for another date to take a look at
the terms of settlement canvassed by Oshiomhole.
Titus Akhuwa who held the brief of Oshiomhole’s counsel,
Festus Jumbo confirmed the submission of Governor
Ortom’s lawyer.
The Presiding judge, Justice Augustine Ityonyiman of State
High Court sitting in Makurdi, after listening to both parties,
adjourned the case to October 29, for a report on the out-
of-court settlement.

Related posts

UK bars its nationals from visiting Borno, Rivers, Others (Full List)

Phillips Taiwo Eejhyremi

Arewa Youths To Buhari: Don’t EndSARS, Reform SARS

Phillips Taiwo Eejhyremi

FG Orders Banks To Open From Monday

Leave a Comment