Those who stole the 2023 Presidential elections and the criminals in legal robes who legitimized their criminality have been waiting for a response and they got their response this morning served hot by the former Vice President and Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party.
Here are 10 top quotes from today’s press conference by H.E Atiku Abubakar.
- “If the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land, implies by its judgment that crime is good and should be rewarded, then Nigeria has lost, and the country is doomed irrespective of who occupies the Presidential seat”- Atiku Abubakar
- “I always chose freedom over servitude, whatever the personal discomforts my choice entails” – Atiku Abubakar
- “A referee cannot be allowed to set the rules for the game only to change or ignore them when one side has scored a goal or is about to win the match” – Atiku Abubakar
- “The burden of proving that a document submitted to INEC is forged should not be on the opposing candidates in the election. It is never the responsibility of an applicant for a job to prove that the person who eventually got the job did so with forged documents. – Atiku Abubakar
- “A situation where a candidate submits contradictory credentials to INEC in different election cycles and the electoral umpire accepts them without question points to gross negligence, at best, or collusion to break the law by the leadership of the INEC, at worst” – Atiku Abubakar
- “It is about the reputation of Nigeria and Nigerians in the eyes of the world. We showed incontrovertible evidence that Bola A. Tinubu was not qualified to contest the Presidential Election because he forged the qualifying academic certificate, which he submitted to INEC. In fact, a simple check of Tinubu’s past records in its possession would have shown INEC that Tinubu broke the law and should not have been allowed to contest the election” Atiku Abubakar
- “It is not about me; it is about our country, Nigeria. It is about the kind of society we want to leave for the next generation and what kind of example we want to set for our children and their children” – Atiku Abubakar
- “As for me and my party this phase of our work is done. However, I am not going away. For as long as I breathe, I will continue to struggle, with other Nigerians, to deepen our democracy and rule of law and for the kind of political and economic restructuring the country needs to reach its true potential”- Atiku Abubakar
Quotes Source: https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1718948353210188114?t=s55tlsdT550r9sNBXhXwRg&s=19
- 1. Drug abuse and drug trafficking continue to be criminal activities that harm society and have severe negative impacts on mental health.
- 2. Certificate forgery whether personally done or procured from Oluwole is a crime that will destroy you sooner than later.
- 3. Stealing anyone’s identify whether dead or alive denies the world the previlege of knowing the real and unique you.
- 4. We need to teach our children that if they take someone else’s item and hide it in their bags, it’s they who have committed theft, not the bag.